Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"burning" I.F. 12/11/2010

This week's I.F. quote:

"To keep a lamp burning we have to keep putting oil in it."
- Mother Teresa

With Mother Teresa's image in the back of our minds, the quote has a positive note to it. All weekend long I mulled it over - just how many things do we keep burning that aren't so positive? And as I sat down to draw, I thought: it is we ourselves who are the fuel for the passions which fire us.

It is as well to give thought to where we choose to put our energies for there will come a day when these passions will have consumed us.



















...and for something simpler, a quiet hour.

7 comments:

  1. Really nice composition. The background looks great!
    And thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice ilustrations!
    They are so imaginative. I like the funny lines.
    Thanks for share...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I do like this! Wonderful concept--and execution. I sure feel like this sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THanks guys, always good to hear from folks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi aha i don't really understand what i can see here i heard of mother teresa though but let me say that the first one the smokehead is interesting enough to make that paper airplane out of it bye thanks for coming and liking my things

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by. I love to hear your thoughts. Drop me a line! Hurrah! Aino